Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life After the MFA: Typical Saturday Afternoon…

From: http://jarvisslacks.wordpress.com
... Did I mention Ralph Nader was there? He got on stage and started speaking. I accidentally bummed into a guy holding a sign.

“I’m trying to hear what he’s saying,” I apologized.

“Good luck,” he said, smiling a bit. Ralph Nader’s words seemed to drown out by the chants of the crowd and the random sirens that flowed in every few minutes.

“That’s what we have to do!” he yelled into the mike. “Stop the massacre, end the occupation, and enter into negotiations, and free, free Palestine!” A few people started gathering around, taking pictures. One man asked another, enthusiastically:

“Did you vote for him?”

“No. I voted for Obama.”

“That’s the problem,” the man said. “That’s the problem right there." ...


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]