Saturday, February 12, 2005

Jenine (Ween), Best Friend, Photographer, and Cool Chick

BIO: When realized I couldn't draw performers fast enough to capture all that I saw going on, I taught myself photography. Inside small poorly-lit bars and bookstores throughout Los Angeles in the mid-nineties, I started shooting these alternative comedians as they, too, honed their craft. Most of us were somewhat new to the city, arriving from San Francisco, as I did, or from New York, Chicago, Boston, Toronto and beyond, to form a cozy community insulated from slick industry mentality and personnel. This made for risky behavior on and off stage, brutally honest feedback from peers, and great shows. Eventually, many of these folks became famous while some remain legends to insiders, but all of them herein moved me in some way. Smart, daring and really freakin' funny, I have been lucky to call many friends and all inspiring. This experience has been extended to include those relatively rare musicians who can also be naked on stage (figuratively, I mean, unlike a few comics who shall remain nameless--at least until the book comes out!) AVAILABLE IN STORES AND ONLINE FALL 2005 All Images and Written Material Copyright © Jenine de Shazer

Comments:
I lost my virginity to Jenine in Belmont California
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]