Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Bibliobliss, by Angeline ©

When you open a book, you open my life or at least my breath which seems to be lifting my lungs up and back in their timeless sea rhythm, and I must be reacting more obviously, breathing a little too hard. Maybe the sound of my breath is catching yours or maybe it's my chest moving more apparently, but I can't get the feeling under control because your voice is shaping words in quiet rumbles with soft precise authority such that each syllable vibrates your baritone a little, and I almost feel the mattress shake ever so slightly, but it could be that I just trembled and a tiny quiver escaped at the way your lips move, open then shut and how you hold the book in your hands. In any case you noticed because you laugh gently and skim the pages on me, flicking them over my tummy in a shuffle, covering me with poetry and then with you and a smiling question Oh you like being read to, do you? It's like striking a match, and we press the words between us like flowers

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]