Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lost in the forest..., by Pablo Neruda

* Lost in the forest, I broke off a dark twig and lifted its whisper to my thirsty lips: maybe it was the voice of the rain crying, a cracked bell, or a torn heart. Something from far off it seemed deep and secret to me, hidden by the earth, a shout muffled by huge autumns, by the moist half-open darkness of the leaves. Wakening from the dreaming forest there, the hazel-sprig sang under my tongue, its drifting fragrance climbed up through my conscious mind as if suddenly the roots I had left behind cried out to me, the land I had lost with my childhood--- and I stopped, wounded by the wandering scent.

Comments:
Nice...
 
Hey Mel, what a shock to see you again. Last time I saw you, you verbally ripped into me pretty bad..
Hope you're well.. glad you liked the post. I think that pic is h-o-t HOT!
 
I was talking about the poem but the picture is great, too. You have really good taste and this site is gorgeous.

I was doing an ego search and found my way here because you had a link to my blog.

If I offended you in the past please forgive me. I am not always myself. I am sometimes never myself. And that is why I am frequently by myself.

Thank you for the link.
 
Ooooh...the poem... oops.. ok.. :)

Hey that's no problem Mel about before. Thank you for apologizing. I was wondering what made you upset... Anyway, this part of what you wrote is pretty poetic:

--I am not always myself.
I am sometimes never myself.
And that is why I am frequently by myself.--

Thanks for the nice compliment about this blog. Hardly gets any comments so it was nice to see a friendly face here...

xox
-Shell
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]