Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Vampires, Karma, Ugly Prisoners, and a Headless Writer

My God. These things still happen in the world. GEORGETOWN, Guyana (AP) - A crowd of Guyanese villagers lynched an elderly woman they accused of being an evil spirit who drinks the blood of human babies, police said Monday. Authorities in the South American country said the woman raised suspicions with unusual behavior and was set upon by villagers who apparently believed she was an “Old Higue”—the equivalent of a vampire in the local Obeah religion that blends folk magic and African rituals. What I love about the Internet is that right at the bottom of this article there is an advertisement for property in Guyana. How tragically ironic. How morbidly poetic. Visit Guyana: come for the beaches, stay for the witch hunts. ******************************* My chi is out of whack. I need to swallow a cobra heart to get my chemicals to cooperate again. Gotta get my karma on track. Do some yoga with a magic crystal taped to my shoulder and to my shin. Anyone know a good shaman? http://artofstarving.wordpress.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]